Man up allready !
sushidynasty asked: Hi Darlin, I was thinking about going vegan but at the moment I am just collecting info. Would you mind giving me some pro's and con's about the lifestyle from your point of view? It would be much appreciated :)
- Less animals die.
- Due to less demand for animal-based agriculture, there’s less damage to the environment.
- Reduced risk of heart disease.
- Reduced risk of heart attacks.
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Reduced risk of strokes.
- Reduced risk of metabolic acidosis, and subsequently less risk osteoporosis.
- Improved digestive transit.
- More energy (just from my own experience).
- Veganism may halt the growth of some tumours.
- No dietary cholesterol.
- Reduced risk of hypertension a.k.a. high blood pressure, which can lead to other health problems.
- Reduced risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Some people report clearer skin.
- Some people say their hair is shinier.
- There are still thousands of foods you can enjoy, and there are vegan versions of pretty much every non-vegan food.
- You can still get plenty of protein.
- You can still get plenty of calcium.
- There are some really cool vegans who will probably be there to support you. Tumblr has a great vegan community.
- You’ll realise that a lot of people are complete dicks to vegans, regardless of how polite you try to be.